Federal skilled worker program

  • Home
  • Federal skilled worker program

The Citizenship and Immigration Canada. in January 2015, introduced a new selection system Express Entry System. The Federal Skilled Worker is one of the four programs managed under the Express Entry. FSWP basically aids skilled workers to come and work in Canada. contributing greatly to the growth of the Canadian economy.

The FSW program has the following benefits:
• Allows a foreign skilled worker to settle in Canada without being sponsored by any employer or holding any work permit.
• Allows applying for Canadian citizenship after fulfilling the residency obligation.
• Provides the applicant with government-sponsored free education and healthcare facilities.
• Allows him access to Canada’s labour market, insurance, and pension benefits.

What are the eligibility criteria for FSWP?
As of the rule. in order to qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, an applicant must first express their interest by creating an Express Entry profile. Prior to the immigration process. a point-based test is conducted for determining the person’s eligibility. It is mandatory for the applicant to score at least 67 points out of 100 points (as per the CIC selection factors).

The scores of the Point-based test are evaluated taking into consideration the following aspects:
Minimum requirements:
Skilled work experience

Your work experience must be:
• In the same type of job as your primary NOC
• Within the last 10 years
• Paid work (volunteer work unpaid internships don’t count)
• At skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2016 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

At least 1 year (1560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous:
• Full-time at 1 Job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1.560 hours)
• Equal amount in part-time:15 hours/week for 24 months =1 year full time (1560 hours)
• full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job =1-year full time (1560 hours)

You must show that you did the duties set out in the occupational description in the NOC. This includes most of the main duties listed. If you can’t show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you aren’t eligible for this program.

Language ability
You must:
Take an approved language test that shows you meet the level for:
• Writing
• Reading
• Listening
• Speaking

Get a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all four abilities Include the test results in your Express Entry profile You mu. show that you meet the requirements in English or French. Your test results must not be more than two years old on the day you apply for permanent residence.

If you went to school in Canada, you must have a certificate. diploma or degree from a Canadian:
• Secondary (high school) or
• Post-secondary school

If you have foreign education, you must have: An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an approved agency showing that your foreign education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
• Secondary (high school) or
• Post-secondary school

Selection factors:
If you meet all the conditions set out in the minimum requirements, and than your application is assessed based on the below factors
• Age
• Education
• Work experience
• Whether you have a valid job offer
• English and/or French language skills
• Adaptability (how well you’re likely to settle here)

These factors are part of a 100-point grid used to assess federal skilled workers. You earn points for how well you do in each of the six factors. Your total points will show if you qualify for the Express Entry pool. The current pa. mark is 67 points.

Proof of funds: You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada unless you:
• are currently able to legally work in Canada
• have a valid Job offer from an employer in Canada
Principal applicant
If you have a live-in partner, either you or they can apply under Express Entry as a principal applicant if you are:
• Married
• Common-law partners, which means you are are an opposite-sex or same-sex couple have lived together in a marriage-like relationship for a: least one year both meet the requirements to apply as a Federal Skilled Worker

Your principal applicant should be one of you most likely to:
• Meet the eligibility requirements
• Earn the most points in the section factors
• Earn the most points under the Comprehensive Ranking System for Express Entry.

Other requirements You must be medically& criminally admissible to Canada. You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec


Want to Immigrate To Canada

Apply with Licensed Immigration Consultant in Hyderabad. call us at 9052419000
Thank you
Want to Immigrate To Canada